We are looking for qualified Journeyman and Licensed Plumbers to join our National Award Winning Team.
At Water Tight, we take a different approach to our staff as we know we are only as good as the tradespeople we have.
We are highly focused on Maintenance Plumbing, Drainage and Gasfitting. Being specialists in the maintenance field, it allows us to have the very best equipment and focused training, making us more efficient and allowing us to offer the best service in Canberra.
If you are an experienced plumber and keen to take your career to the next level, we want to hear from you.
A Great Team Environment
We are extremely proud of the great team environment we have which makes going to work that little bit more enjoyable.
Our team get the opportunity to
- A Social Fund, funded by the Scrap Metal Bins
- BBQ Breakfast Team Meetings
- Team Dinners
- Weekend Fishing Trips
- PT Gym Sessions
- Ping Pong Tournaments
- and let’s face it, the occasional beer or feed at the pub
We subscribe to the philosophy of Sir Richard Branson, “Take Care Of Your Employees And They’ll Take Care Of Your Business,”
Treating our staff right is one of our highest priorities.
To Name but a few of the every day benifits
- Modern Vehicles
- iPhones for all staff
- Professional Uniform
- Simplified Timesheet/management system
- High Wages – Well above the award and at the top of the industry
- Small Additional Bonus’s – Such as when you wow a customer and get a 5 Star Google Review
Focused on Ongoing Training
It’s our goal to upskill you to be the best plumber in Canberra. We would like nothing more than to give you the qualifications and skills so that every plumber in Canberra would like to employ you, however, we aim to treat you well so that you don’t want to leave.
Some of the courses (beyond a Cert III and IV in Plumbing) that are available to all of our staff include
- TMV Accrediation
- Backflow Prevention Accrediation
- Restricted Electrical License
- Type A Gas Service License
- Excavator Operator Ticket
- Confined Space Accreditation
- Working at Heights Accrediation
- Working With Asbestos Accrediation
Industry Leading Company
We are pationate about the Plumbing Industry.
Without a doubt, plumbing is the most important industry to any civilisation or city. Without us, it would be impossible to have the densly populated citys as disease would spread and the city would cease to exist.
Water TIght Canberra’s Business Owner, Tom Martin, is the Chairman of Master Plumbers Australia and New Zealand and President of the ACT Master Plumbers Association.
Our team are kept in touch with our great industry and are always at the forfront of changes and new opportunities.
A Company to Be Proud Of
We have been recognised for our above and beyond levels of service in many ways including
- Winning the 2019 National Telstra Small and Succeeding Business Award. Over 20,000 businesses entered the 2019 Telstra business awards and only 4 of them walked away with a National award.
- Winning the 2018 Icon Water Community Excellence award. An award we won when Icon Water recognised how we went above and beyond for members of the community.
- Winning the 2021 Top of the Trade – Large business award
There is nothing more satisfying than being in a random conversation with a friend or family member and hearing about a great experience they have had with the company you work for. Due to our commitment to high-quality customer service, this happens regularly to all of our team members.
Giving Back to Community
We believe in giving back to the community that supports us. Both as a company and as an employee, you will get opportunities to give back including
- As a team, we donate blood every 3 months. (This is optional if your scared of needles or have personal beliefs that prevent you from participating)
- We complete free work for Canberra’s needy. People can register through a charity who manage an assessment to ensure they are infact needy, and then we will attend and ensure their plumbing system is operating well. (Tradesman are paid in full for this work. The cost is worn by the business)
- We are always looking out for opportunities to give back. Other one off projects we have done is providing tool’s as disaster relief in Fiji, water filters to third world countries and more.
Are You a Good Fit?
If you have read the above post and believe that you would make a good fit with our Water Tight Team, we want to hear from you.
Click on this link and Apply Now