Free Home Inspection and 6 Months Free Home Warranty
What Is a Home Inspection?
- A home inspection is a free service we offer our customers when we are on-site.
- During this inspection, our experienced tradespeople will take a look over the plumbing fixtures and appliances at your home, provide you with useful information such as emergency isolation points, conduct a free water pressure test* and let you know of any recommended maintenance requirements including providing a fixed price quote for the work for your consideration.
- A home inspection generally takes about 15 minutes to complete.
Benefits of a Home Inspection include
- Free Water Tight Canberra 6 Month Home Guarantee **See below for further details
- Free water pressure test*
- Know how to isolate cold water, hot water and gas in an emergency situation
- Understand your home’s plumbing maintenance and potential future costs
Our Promise to You
- We will provide you with a quote to complete all recommended work today or in the future
- We will provide you with honest recommendations only
- All recommended maintenance will be genuine and backed up by evidence
- No Pressure or pushy sales. We are not “used car salesman”. We will let you know our recommendations and leave all decisions up to you.
**6 Month Home Guarantee
If your plumbing fails within 6 months of us marking an item as Passed on our free home inspection, we will attend to the site to repair the issue and waive the Site Assessment / Service call fee, saving you $115 dollars, as we will treat the job as a continuation of the original works.
* Water Pressure Test is provided for free only if an accessible gauge test point exists such as a hose tap. If a test point requires pipework alterations or fixture dismantling additional costs may apply.
Note – Parts of the inspection may be skipped when access is restricted or time is exceeding the allowed 15 minutes.
Note – The free home inspection is available on the day of a site assessment / other works only. Please speak to your tradesperson for more information on this service.
Why We Offer Home Inspections
- An opportunity for us to provide the Wow factor to our customers
- An opportunity to provide more service to our customers, only when its required and in the customer’s best interest
Why We Offer Home Inspections
Pressure Reduction Valves
- Protects all of your plumbing taps, appliances, fixtures and fittings when installed at the meter
- Most Product Warranties will be void if pressure is over 500 kPa
- Australian Standards, Plumbing Code Of Australia and ACT Plumbing Inspectors require water pressure to be a maximum of 500 kPa inside a building
- Reduces burst pipes, wear and tear on appliances and water hammer/noise
Flexible Hose Replacement
- Burst hoses are the number one cause of major water damage, according to insurance agencies
- Can cause many 10’s of thousands of dollars of damage
- Will normally burst on Rust Spots of the braided steel lines
- Are exposed to mains water pressure 24/7
- Should be replaced when defects such as rust, kinks or known expiry date have passed.
Hot Water Safety Relief Valve – TPRV
- Recommended by all hot water manufacturers for Storage Hot Water Systems
- 5 Yearly replacement is written on the side of the tank, along with 6-monthly flushing
- Legally required by Australian Standards and valve manufacturers
- Pro-longs the life of the hot water heater
- Reduces the running cost of the hot water heater. Saves water and electricity/gas
- 2 main causes – Damaged/cracked drains or significant bacteria build-up
- Cracked drain smells are caused by sewer gasses escaping
- Cleaning pipework with bacterial layers can eliminate smelly showers/basins
- Sewer gasses can be harmful to your health